You may have caught Vodafone Live Guy over the last few weeks, doing his tour of the country giving away some Dell Inspiron Mini 9 netbooks with built in mobile broadband. I’ve been following his progress over the last 2 weeks, trying to guess where he is and occasionally getting it right, I just never managed to get out and chase him round and was never lucky with the online chase (too many meetings to play in time)
The Contest: Using the built-in mobile broadband or the wifi, you can use the netbook all over the place, without having to lug a big laptop around or remember your dongle. So, tell me the most unusual place you’d want to use your Inspiron Mini 9 if you won it – and why. The winner will be judged on originality and wit.
How to enter: Tell me the most unusual place you plan to use your netbook and why, in the comments below – you can add your entry there or add a link to your blog post, video or comic strip, whatever medium you want to use. Please note that comments are moderated, so there’s a good chance you won’t see your comment immediately and depending on how far away from a computer it may be a while. If you get concerned, email me!
Entries close: 12 noon GMT on Friday 5 December 2008
Judges: as this is a subjective contest, I’ve got some judges to help me. Ewan Spence is the first, the Eurovision-loving, mobile-geek-blogging, kilt-wearing Scotsman. Second is Lex De Wynter, a colleague who knows a completely different set of people.
Judging Criteria: As I said before, the key criteria are originality and wit. Make us smile, make us marvel, either from your choice of location or your presentation. The winner will be the one that all 3 judges agree is our favourite.
The Prize: A Dell Inspiron Mini 9 netbook, running Windows XP, with built-in mobile broadband. The computer will come with 3 months pre-paid connection with Vodafone, after which you will have the opportunity to extend; if not, you’ve still got the wifi-enabled computer. (a normal contract is 24 months starting at 25GBP)
There has to be rules.
- Contest is open to UK residents only. It will be only be shipped to the UK and the service is UK based.
- Judges decision is final.
- Digital Stuffing (ie me) is not responsible for any issues with service or the device. Your ‘contract’ will be with Vodafone.
- The prize will be sent to you direct by Outsideline/Vodafone – I’ll never see it. If there are any issues with delivery, I’ll let you know.
- The prize winner will be announced here on Sunday 7th December 2008
- No purchase required
- You must have a valid email address so you are contactable to get details if you win. Enter your email address in the comment field – the only one who sees it is me.
This work, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England License.